of the Breath
(36 CEUs pending for Maryland LCPCs)
Apprentice yourself to a life giving and life changing practice.
Learn to teach breathwork and harness the breath for personal and collective transformation.
- clinicians who want to use breathwork in their healing work with others.
- therapists who want to continue the work of liberating themselves from cultural and ancestral conditioning.
6 month apprenticeship, beginning Sept 2021
This training includes:
Monthly experiential lectures exploring the:
- Nervous System & the Breath
- Anatomy of the Breath
- Science of Breathing
- Therapeutic Applications of Breathwork
Monthly facilitated process groups to share what this practice reveals for you
An Empathy Partner
- traumatic stress (anxiety, depression, panic)
- anger and boundary work
- and more...
My name is Alicia. I have been consciously practicing the breath for 20 years in my personal and professional practice, using it as a tool to support clients with symptom mitigation and overall health.
As a yoga therapist, Adjunct Faculty at MUIH in their Master's in Yoga Therapy, psychotherapist and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner- I work with people as multidimensional beings to shift nervous system states and heal trauma. My work is informed by Buddhist philosophy, Hinduism and my relationship to the Earth.
I am committed to regenerative practices and community resilience. If you would like to know more about my somatic psychotherapy work, you can click here.
6 Month Therapeutic Breathwork Training
- The Polyvagal Theory and the Breath
- The Science of Breathing
- The Anatomy of the Breath
- The Breath as Compassion in Action/ Science of Compassion
- Trauma and the Breath
- Sequencing and the Breath